Okay so now that I have told you about my hobbies, I’ve been sitting here thinking that I really should get back to enjoying them a little bit. I’ve been working for months on a coding project that just isn’t going the way that I need it to…so, if I’m going to start really enjoying hobbies again it means making sense of the cross-stitch patterns that I have stashed in various places.
I recently (yesterday and today) began taking stock of my patterns and materials and thought I would share with you a list of the 15 patterns I look forward to stitching in 2019. I’ll spend the rest of 2018 digitizing patterns to make it easier to look at the details and gathering needed supplies as it turns out I am drowning in threads but I am missing material to stitch on. It will be easy to grab some white Aida cloth but sometimes I like to do fun things with my material and that means that I need a little Navy, Grey, and Black Aida.
Most of these patterns come from an Etsy shop called Kentima by Konna and most of them can be found on Etsy. If you like to stitch and use it for stress relief I suggest that you dive in and stitch with me.
I am thinking of making time-lapse videos of my projects and putting them up on YouTube so follow my channel from the icon in the sidebar.
- Olive’s Butterfly — I’ve been meaning to stitch this for my niece for over a year
- Mom’s Paw Print Butterfly — this, too, has been on my to-do list for over a year
- The London City Skyline — Been on my list for a couple years…I know this because I faxed the pattern to my dad for printing and the date on the fax is July 2016, it’s a single-color pattern that I KNOW will make it a massive challenge for me.
- The Fallen Will Not Be Forgotten — It once was lost on my hard drive but thanks to google it’s been found again. I want to have this one finished, framed and on display by London Poppy Day 2019.
- Sapphire Jubilee — A Pattern celebrating a milestone not likely to be matched, but I won’t mind if she goes for the Platinum Jubilee
- A Map of the London Underground — I’ll be making just a few edits and additions to this pattern…oh the memories that will be held in this pattern.
- Alabama Football — Okay, I meant to have this one stitched for this current football season. It must be up and framed for kickoff of next season!
- Warning! by Kentima by Konna — The text on this pattern says it all, though by the time I finish it, with a filled background it’ll be more like 50,000 times.
- Talk is Cheap, Show Me The Code by Kentima by Konna — Mixing my two hobbies so a must stitch
- Home is Where the Cat is by Kentima by Konna — well, DUH
- We’re All Mad Here by Kentima by Konna — My Nod to Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the Cheshire Cat
- True Love by Kentima by Konna — From My Favorite Movie
- Mawwiage by Kentima by Konna — Need I say more than the Impressive Clergyman
- I Speak Fluently In Song Lyrics by Kentima by Konna — Well, I can’t help that it’s true
- Chin Up Princess by Kentima by Konna —
- Beware for I am Fearless by Kentima by Konna —
- So Many Bad Ideas, So Little Time by Kentima by Konna–
- Time and Tide Wait for No Man by Kentima by Konna — This one will look wonderful with the white stitches on a beautiful navy fabric.
Now to digitize all of these.